In a recent public survey we asked:
“Do you think the New Zealand justice system treats everybody equally regardless of race, occupation and personal connections?”
- 17% said yes – it does treat everybody equally
- 74% said no – it does not treat everybody equally
- 9% said they were unsure
Males were more likely to say it does treat everybody equally when compared to females (22% to 13%).
- UMR online SAYit poll of n=1000 nationally representative New Zealanders conducted between the 30st September and 13th October 2016.
- The margin of error for a 50% with 95% confidence is +/- 3.1%.
- Does treat everybody equally
- Doesn't treat everybody equally